Are you a theatre professional interested in working with us? We want to meet you! We accept applications from directors, designers, technicians, and other professionals year-round.
Amphibian Stage Productions is currently seeking qualified applicants to fill technical overhire positions for fall 2013 and spring 2014. Strong applicants will have experience in one or more of the following areas: carpentry and woodworking, scenic painting, electrics, sound, proficiency with sewing machines, costume construction and alteration, stitching and draping. Ideal candidates would also demonstrate excellent organizational skills, tactful communication skills along with teamwork and diplomacy skills. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs. No travel or housing compensation is offered for these positions.
Please send a brief cover letter and resume with a list of three references to Linsey Retcofsky, Production Stage Manager,
Amphibian Stage Productions is seeking a qualified individual to serve as the Technical Director for its 2014 production of HUNTING AND GATHERING by Brooke Berman. The position is an 8-week contract with dates ranging from February 17 to April 10 and 1 day of strike on May 4. This position answers directly to the Production Manager. Qualified applicants should send a resume with list of three references to
Job Responsibilities include:
- Act as liaison with directing staff, scenic and properties designers in consultation with the Production Manager.
- Supply technical information and budget estimates.
- Determine construction methods, schedules, materials, and mechanics for the scenic design of the production.
- Recommend design changes when appropriate to match the given personnel, time, and financial resources available.
- Serve as the Master Carpenter in realization of the scenic design.
- Determine build schedule and assign work to stage carpenters in the shop as needed.
- Supervise the installation and striking of each set, including all rigging and mechanical devices.
- Supervise scenic and painting crew in the execution of the design.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Proven ability as a carpenter and theatre technician.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guest artists and colleagues.
- Ability to bid accurately and work within a schedule.
- Understanding of basic budgeting and bookkeeping practices.